Election Night in NYC
November 8, 2016
As I pedaled around town, I saw:
- Hopeful women snapping shots of the street signs at the intersection of Clinton and President in Cobble Hill.
- Minimal security outside HRC's Campaign HQ in Downtown Brooklyn, a wall built by NYPD and DEP around Trump Tower.
- A Grand Dragon hanging out on the barricade and a mariachi band passing by Trump Tower.
- Confused reporters outside the Hilton where Trump's supporters gathered.
- In Times Square, a quiet crowd watching jumbo screens while desnudas in red, white and blue walked around with a man in a Trump mask leering at them.
- From the Manhattan Bridge, people in their apartments were all watching the same event on different channels.
- Back in Brooklyn, silence when Florida was called for Trump and the contest was declared over.